On Call Teller
Reports to: Branch Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Hours and schedule will fluctuate as needed, on call status.
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
Applicant must be flexible with hours. Schedule and Locations Will Vary. Reliable transportation is necessary. The position of On Call Teller is responsible for performing routine and intermediate branch and customer services duties: accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; assists with night depository and vault duties; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
1. Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts.
2. Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
3. Assists with night depository duties; logging bags, processing deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags to customers.
4. May perform vault duties as assigned and assist with opening and closing the vault on a daily basis.
5. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
6. Issues official checks, traveler’s checks and savings bond applications.
7. Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
8. Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
9. Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
10. Accepts loan and installment payments.
11. Balances cash drawer daily adhering to teller drawer limits.
12. Provides excellent customer service in accordance with the Service Plus and Sales Training programs.
13. Assists in resolving problems within given authority.
14. Records, files, updates information and sorts mail or reports as required.
15. Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
16. May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
17. Processes address changes, check orders Travel Cards, FICA payments, certifications, incoming and outgoing wires, incoming and outgoing collections, change orders and deposit slip corrections.
18. May prepare and research data for levies and garnishments.
19. Types routine letters reports and forms.
20. Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies.
21. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds the Bank’s values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
22. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
23. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Six months to one year on the job as Teller 1 or equivalent
· Completion of Teller Training 101
· Service Plus certified
· Sales Training 301
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
· Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
· Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Basic keyboarding skills to meet production needs of the position.
· Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
· Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
· Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
Environment and Physical Activity
· General office environment – Various offices
· May be necessary to work extended hours
· Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
· Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Have reliable transportation and be able to travel to various locations
· Flexible schedule
Click here to return to Career Center