Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Manager/Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
The position of New Accounts Representative II is responsible for processing all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank’s products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services The position of New Accounts Representative II also is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, safe deposit and basic branch operation functions, and is required to assist in the cross-training of less experienced branch staff members.
· Provide customer service in accordance with Bank’s Customer Service Performance Standards.
· Assists consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross-sell opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
· Maintain up-dated and accurate information on all Bank products and services.
· Actively seek sales opportunities by asking Benefit Test Questions.
· Present accurate information on all available Bank of the Pacific accounts and services; be a product expert.
· Ensure Authenticity, Authorization and Accuracy during File Maintenance Review.
· Maintain confidentiality of all customer records, accounts and transactions.
· Answer telephone promptly, following established Bank Telephone Courtesy Standards.
· Input all new account information and changes accurately and in a timely manner.
· Accept and process customer wire transfers, stop payments, and name and address changes.
· Provide support for safe deposit area.
· Assist customers in the set up and processing of contract collections and escrow accounts.
· Assist customers in balancing checking and savings accounts.
· Respond to and research customer inquiries in a timely manner, keeping customer informed of progress.
· Participate in on-going training to improve product knowledge and service ability.
· Participate in internal promotions for specific products and services.
· Contribute to Excellent customer service and effective branch operations by offering new ideas that improve on current methods.
· Interact with customers, co-workers, managers and supervisors, using effective listening and speaking skills.
· Accept instructions and follow directions promptly and thoroughly.
· Actively support and atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm.
· Complete Certifications, Reconciliations and Branch Tests as assigned.
· Participate in Service Plus Training as scheduled.
· Serve as a resource to new and existing New Accounts staff.
· May back-up in Teller Operations as required.
· Assist Supervisor/Manager with reports, certifications and reconciliations.
· May lend credit support to Manger or Loan Department.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One year New Accounts I experience
- Service-Plus Certified
- New Accounts 201 Training
- Sales Training 301
- Understanding of the bank policies and procedures
- BVS Training Curriculum
- #307 Serving Seniors
- #315 Continued Sales Skills Development
- #322 The Service Edge
- #504 IRA’s
- #922 “We’ve Just Been Robbed”
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Familiarity to 10-key calculator
- Type approximately 25 wpm
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Sound reasoning and judgment
- Familiarity with on-line computer systems
- Above average courtesy and tact in dealing with community and peers
- Strong professional, interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge of Micro Soft Office
- Resourceful, good follow through
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Periodic Travel required
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work in cool temperatures
Click here to return to Career Center