Network Support II
Reports to: Network Administrator/Supervisor
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director.
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area. A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
Assist in the management of the LAN/WAN networks. Work with server operating systems including SQL and IIS. Provide prompt quality customer service and technical support to internal staff. Load and update software applications as required. Set up and maintain PC’s, printers and other user equipment. Set up and maintain user accounts. Assist in managing and maintaining network security.
· Assemble and install new hardware and software products as needed.
· Assists in management and maintenance of routers.
· Assists in management and maintenance of network security by understanding and hardening network, server, and computer equipment to policy standards.
· Assists with testing backups monthly.
· Assists in the daily operations of the network.
· Complete Service Plus training and annual recertification.
· Ensures backups are scheduled and run on a regular basis.
· Ensures periodic maintenance is performed on all computer equipment in regions.
· Ensures that anti-virus definitions and patches are kept up to date on servers and PC's.
· Installs printer maintenance kits when necessary
· Loads and updates applications and software as needed.
· Monitor unauthorized software and report to Network Administrator monthly prior to IS Steering committee.
· Monitor VPN logs and report to IS Manager monthly.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Provide tips on security, computers, internet etiquette etc. to end users periodically.
· Provides technical support for end users.
· Remove unauthorized software from PC's.
· Request changes to firewall to be made by SecureWorks.
· Respond to emails and phone calls from end users about issues in a timely manner.
· Serve on special project teams as required.
· Sets up and maintains network/application access and resets passwords.
· Sets up new PC’s for users
· Take a leadership role in server setup
· Travels to branches as necessary for hands on set up and maintenance
· Troubleshoot performance issues with hardware and software.
· Updates the Bank's intranet as required.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
a) High School diploma or equivalent, bachelors degree in computer science or related preferred
b) Two – three years technical experience
c) Service-Plus Certified
d) Understanding of the bank policies and procedures
e) Working knowledge of networks (routers, switches), microcomputers, software systems, printers and data communications
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
1) Advanced computer skills
2) Working knowledge of LAN/WAN networks and current PC technology
3) Advanced server operating system knowledge including SQL language and IIS
5) Type 25 wpm approximately
6) Understanding of Data Security
7) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
8) Working knowledge of Windows XP and Windows 7
b) Interactive and Social
1) Excellent customer relations skills
2) Excellent interpersonal relations skills
3) Effective oral and written communication skills
4) Sound reasoning and judgment
5) Effective teamwork skills
6) Excellent problem solving skills
1) Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
2) Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems
3) Ability to follow through on projects
4) Ability to multi-task
5) Ability to deal with interruptions and resume tasks
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
· General office environment
· May be necessary to work extended hours
· Periodic Travel required
· Air conditioned computer room
· Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Able to work in cool temperatures
Click here to return to Career Center