Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Regional Retail Manager and Retail Banking Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary grade based upon an applicant’s experience at hiring and allows for progression within the position. The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director.
Statement of Hire:
At Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics.
They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the effective performance of their assigned retail location, including operations, production, customer service, training, security and safety in accordance with the bank’s policies and objectives.
The Branch Manager contributes to The Bank’s success by delivering outstanding customer service, employee development and achieving individual and branch sales goals through new business development and customer retention.
The Branch Manager demonstrates a thorough understanding of all Bank products, systems, processes and procedures. The Branch Manager is proficient in training and delivering new accounts, consumer lending, effectively cross-selling related products/services and developing customer relationships.
The Branch Manager serves as an Ambassador of our bank’s mission, vision and values. They provide leadership, accountability, encouragement and training to the Branch team in the pursuit of our bank’s long term goals.
- Responsible for all branch operations in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Oversee and manage to established branch budgets
Ensures an exceptional customer experience by observing staff, providing feed-back and modeling desired behaviors.
- Researches and resolves escalated customer service issues, acting as the liaison between the customer and other bank departments when necessary.
- Demonstrates effective mentoring, coaching and support of team members.
Effectively complete assigned performance evaluations and support branch supervisor in this process
- Fosters a culture of sales and service, encouraging effective, positive employee relationships within the branch team and with other departments
- Assist in the planning, organization and delivery of effective branch meetings
- Actively pursues new customer relationships through ongoing business development, networking and participation in community events/activities.
- Based on branch/location needs:
- Assists customers with all account-related requests/inquiries such as deposits or withdrawals, funds transfers, loan and installment payments, official checks and money orders, bank products or services, and other transactions as requested or assigned.
- Maintains and reconciles a cash drawer, adhering to Bank cash handling & security policies and procedures.
- Opens all new accounts and delivers related products/services.
Delivers and processes all consumer loans, including home equity and lot loans, in accordance with bank policies and procedures.
- Capable of successfully performing CSR and FSR duties as needed or assigned, driving all branch related sales and service activities.
- Schedules branch staff, ensuring excellent customer service while managing efficient FTE.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A Licensed Branch Manager promotes and sells fixed annuity and life insurance products.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific. All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years in a Financial Institution role/position is preferred.
- Prior leadership or supervisory experience is preferred.
- A Licensed BM has successfully completed and passed State Life and Disability Exams, as well as Bank of the Pacific investment services courses.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Working knowledge of all Retail Banking products and services.
- A comprehensive understanding of Bank Rules and Regulations, including those applicable to consumer loans and branch operations.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and leadership skills
- Computer and technical skills, including knowledge/use of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient math and keyboarding skills
- Operate standard office equipment such as adding machine, copier, typewriter and fax.
- Demonstrates sound reasoning and judgment.
- Proven ability to create priorities and to follow through on projects
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Periodic travel
Physical Requirements: (Truly necessary to perform the job)
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
To apply for this position please submit your resume' and cover letter to HumanResources@BankofthePacific.com. Please reference the position title and location in your subject line.