Department: Administration IT
Reports to: COO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: Salary grade based upon an applicant’s experience at hiring and allows for progression within the position. The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director.
Statement of Hire:
At Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics.
They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
Serves as the Bank’s Director of Information Technology (IT) and is responsible for the execution of all IT strategic and operational objectives under the direction of the COO. The position manages a team responsible for the Bank’s network, infrastructure, hardware, physical and cyber security, and compliance requirements. In addition, the Director of IT collaborates with technology vendors and service providers to support internal and external customers and clients in a growing and dynamic organization.
- Oversees all information technology operations.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for IT related design, development, implementation, operation and support of IT systems and programs that fulfills the needs and objectives of the Bank.
- Support Growth Objectives and fulfill the company’s goals regarding information technology according to the adopted mission, vision and core values.
- Creation and implementation of strategies to improve and assure network capability, transmission, storage, data security, business continuity, disaster recovery and high reliability and availability of technology resources.
- Provide leadership direction and guidance, creating and maintaining a productive work environment and ensuring staff have the appropriate skills and tools to perform their jobs.
- Engage and collaborate with leadership in all functional areas, driving integrated IT planning throughout the business.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by departments and recommends technical solutions.
- Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment and anticipate changes in technology.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively review new technologies for inclusion into the bank’s products, processes and information management systems to ensure the Bank remains innovative, creative and abreast of information technology trends.
- Assesses and controls all costs associated with the Bank’s technology, communications, and information systems.
- Capacity to effectively present information and respond to questions from various levels of internal/external customers, executive management, and board of directors.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of IT personnel.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations.
- Reviews and approves all business requirements prior to implementing technical solutions.
- Act as liaison with IT vendors, technical consultants, technology providers and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare annual IT budget and recommend systems improvements and capital improvements.
- Develop new standards, techniques and procedures as required.
- Serve on IT Steering committee.
- Other Duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the COO.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field; or extended experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of senior leadership experience managing Information Technology departments or organizations, preferably in a Banking business setting, including management of staff.
- Recent working knowledge of the following technologies is desired: Exchange, Active Directory management and group policy, VMware, network management, cybersecurity, storage, datacenter design and configuration, hyper-converge and SDWAN technologies. FIS core banking solution experience, a plus.
- Experience in a strategic and tactical leadership role in a fast paced, dynamic and ever changing environment.
- Proven project management experience including allocation and coordination of resources and proper execution considering dependencies.
- Aptitude to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Exceptional organization skills, detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Ability to apply technical problem solving techniques.
- Banking experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- General knowledge of GLBA, NIST, and FFIEC guidance recommended.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Energy Level - Tendency to display endurance and a capacity for a fast pace work environment. Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner. Responds with a sense of urgency to requests from customers, co-workers and /or supervision and can make tough choices, even under time pressure. Must have patience and ability to handle routine processes.
- Assertiveness – Demonstrated ability to be diplomatic and customer focused. Good at working with others and following direction. Ability to influence others to accomplish goals.
- Sociability – Tendency to be outgoing, people-oriented, and participate with others. Comfortable working in a group setting with all level of management. Capable of developing ideas and suggestions that drive efficiency and improvement.
- Manageability – Understands the importance of adherence to bank policies in job related functions, employee and banking issues. Maintains confidentiality of employee, customer and bank information within and outside of the company. Comfortable with authority and rules, works within the rules and is compliant with procedures.
- Attitude – Demonstrates a positive attitude regarding people and outcomes. Leads by example and exhibits Field and Main: culture, core values, and basics. Maintains the highest level of honesty in handling customer, employee and bank information. Doesn’t take things at face value and is willing to question or look at documentation with a critical eye.
- Decisiveness – Ability to use available information to make decisions and move things along in the process. Must be confident accepting the risk of making a decision in a timely fashion. Analyzes and considers the cost-benefit of potential actions.
- Accommodating – tendency to be friendly, cooperative, and agreeable. To be a team person. Often associated with concern for group accountability. A willingness to consider the needs and ideas of others. Recognizes opportunities, fosters improvement and is open to ideas.
- Independence – Must be self-reliant and self-directed enough to take independent action and make recommendations to management. Able to work with minimal supervision. Takes proactive steps to accomplish tasks.
- Objective Judgment – The ability to think clearly and be objective in decision making. Use sufficient facts to make a decision or accomplish tasks and without relying on intuition or gut feel.
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Periodic travel
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs.
To apply for this position please submit your resume' and cover letter to HumanResources@BankofthePacific.com. Please reference the position title and location in your subject line.