Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Assistant Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics.
They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
The position of Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for serving customers, performing account related transactions or maintenance and supporting branch functions. CSR’s contribute to The Bank’s success by delivering outstanding customer service, achieving individual goals and supporting team members.
- Assists customers with routine account-related requests/inquiries such as deposits or withdrawals, funds transfers, loan and installment payments, official checks and money orders, bank products or services, and other transactions as requested or assigned.
- Maintains and reconciles a cash drawer, adhering to Bank cash handling & security policies and procedures.
- Greets customers, ascertains customers' needs and directs them to the appropriate branch representative. Informs clients of new services and product promotions.
- Researches and resolves customer service issues within given authority, acting as the liaison between the customer and other bank departments when necessary.
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures in accordance with policy and standards.
- Performs other branch duties as assigned.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate courteously and professionally in English (both written and oral)
- Prior cash handling experience preferred
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Possess general computer knowledge
- Basic math skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Operate standard office equipment such as adding machine, copier, typewriter, fax
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Sound reasoning and judgment skills
Environment and Physical Activity
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and cover letter to HumanResources@BankofthePacific.com. Please reference the position title and location in your subject line.