Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Manager/Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly - Part time position 24 hours per week
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
The position of Teller I is responsible for performing routine branch and customer services duties; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
1. Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts.
2. Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
3. Assists with night depository duties; logs bags; processes deposits; makes change orders; issues receipts and returns bags to customers.
4. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
5. Issues official checks, traveler’s checks and savings bond applications.
6. Cross-sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
7. Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
8. Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
9. Accepts loan and installment payments.
10. Balances cash drawer daily adhering to teller drawer limits
11. Provides excellent customer service in accordance with the Service Plus and Sales Training programs.
12. Assists in resolving problems within given authority.
13. Records, files, updates information, and sort’s mail or reports as required.
14. Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
15. May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
16. Processes FICA payments, Travel Cards, certifications, change orders and deposit slip corrections.
17. May assist in opening and closing the vault daily;
18. Types routine letters reports and forms.
19. Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies.
20. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
21. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
22. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate courteously and professionally in English (both written and oral)
- Prior cash handling experience preferred
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Possess general computer knowledge
- Basic math skills
- Basic keyboarding skills
- Operate standard office equipment such as adding machine, copier, typewriter, fax
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Sound reasoning and judgment skills
Environment and Physical Activity
· General office environment
· May be necessary to work extended hours
· Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
· Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Click here to return to Career Center