Loan Documentation Processor
Department: Loan Documentation
Reports to: Loan Documentation Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
This position of Loan Documentation Specialist’s primary responsibility is to prepare various types of new and renewed commercial, consumer, SBA and participation loan documentation, Letters of Credit and Business Loan Agreements in accordance with Banks lending policies and procedures. Ensure lien perfection on all collateral, complete loan booking, maintenance, process various loan disbursements and ongoing credit line advances and payment processing. Set up, Image and maintain loan files, monitor pending loan items, process loan pay-offs and ongoing tracking of insurance and collateral. This position also requires a high level of customer service and the ability to work in a team environment.
Reviews and validates loan applications, approvals, corporate good standings, OFAC searches, UCC searches, credit reports, appraisals, title reports, flood determinations, leases, titles and other required documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to preparing loan documents.
- Facilitates smooth and timely processing of all loan requests; coordinates with other loan personnel around special requests or problems that develop during processing.
- Prepares documentation for all types of new and renewing commercial and consumer loans, including SBA, participation loans, and letters of credit, in accordance with all bank policies and procedures.
- Completes booking, disbursing and maintenance of all loans on bank computer systems, including input of pending loan items, online collateral filing and insurance tracking.
- Perfect and ensure all documentation and collateral is complete to avoid technical exceptions and potential loss to the bank.
- Process payments and advances on participation loans including processing daily wire remittance, maintain constant contact with participation bank to assure loans are kept in balance at all times.
- Process advances, payments and Borrowing Base Adjustments as approved and requested by Lenders.
- Maintain pending report daily as items are received and follow up on outstanding loan items are tracked and filed on a regular basis to ensure completeness of loan files.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of customer information.
- Calculate insurance and tax reserves, if required, to ensure sufficient impound accounts are collected at closing.
- Other duties include accounts payable of 3rd party vendors for loan expenses. Daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations and monitoring of ban-control accounts and general ledgers.
- Reporting of all advances, payments, and rate changes are also reported to Colson Services monthly on all SBA loans.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
3-5 years Loan experience with Commercial and/or Consumer properties utilizing Laser Pro
- Excellent knowledge of loan documentation and government regulations pertaining to loan documents.
- Knowledge of lending operations, loan processing and credit policies and procedures.
- Understanding of Bank policies and procedures.
- Service-Plus Certified
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Provide superior customer service to customers and internal staff.
- Ability to read and understand title policies, environmental reports and appraisals for accuracy while mitigating risk for the bank.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks under tight time frames.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail being aware to verify and double check work.
- Ability to accept instruction, prioritize and follow through on work assignments with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with good communications and people skills
- Able to communicate in an effective manner that facilitates clear understanding.
- A positive team outlook and an ability to work well with others.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft office applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Professional conduct which includes a neat and corporate appearance, including punctual and excellent attendance
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- Working in a hectic, fast paced setting, the position performs the major portion of duties by communicating verbally, in person, by computer and over the phone with co-workers and external contacts.
The job requires a good deal of the day seated at a work station, but to also be all around the department; retrieving files, gathering forms; interfacing with other related departments; using various office equipment.
The employee must possess the ability to accurately read and inspect for errors on loan documents, credit reports, title and escrow instruments, reports, computer printouts, letters and papers containing financial instructions in information. The individual must be able to verbally communicate with clarity, while understanding and explaining information as complex and diverse as banking and lending regulations and mathematical equations.
This Employee is required to be able to work on multiple projects with the flexibility for changing priorities, to have the ability to work with constant interruptions, and to work with a variety of personalities and keeping a positive, upbeat personality and attitude.
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time.
Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Click here to return to Career Center