Department: Retail Banking
Reports to: Branch Manager/Operations Manager
FLSA Status: HourlyGrade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
The position of Personal Banker is responsible for performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank’s products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services The position of Personal Banker also is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, safe deposit, processing and boarding DDA lines of credit, discussing and accepting credit applications, and is required to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced new account representatives and other branch staff members.
· Provide customer service in accordance with Bank’s Customer Service Performance Standards.
· Assists consumer and business customers in their selection of various accounts, products and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross-sell opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
· Consult with Personal, Business and Cash Management Customers to determine their specific needs.
· Provides support to all assigned areas of branch operations where service or assistance is needed, including new accounts, teller, safe deposit, vault teller and lending.
· Serve as a role model by demonstrating professionalism in all aspects of personal conduct, appearance and work area organization.
· Identify self to customer. Interview all customers in a friendly and professional manner.
· Maintain up-dated and accurate information on all Bank products and services.
· Actively seek sales opportunities by asking Benefit Test Questions.
· Present accurate information on all available Bank of the Pacific accounts and services; be a product expert.
· Ensure Authenticity, Authorization and Accuracy during File Maintenance Review.
· Maintain confidentiality of all customer records, accounts and transactions.
· Answer telephone promptly, following established Bank Telephone Courtesy Standards.
· Input all new account information and changes accurately and in a timely manner.
· Accept and process customer wire transfers, stop payments, and name and address changes.
· Provide support for safe deposit area.
· Assist customers in the set up and processing of contract collections and escrow accounts.
· Assist customers in balancing checking and savings accounts.
· Respond to and research customer inquiries in a timely manner, keeping customer informed of progress.
· Participate in on-going training to improve product knowledge and service ability.
· Participate in internal promotions for specific products and services.
· Provide customer and staff support with Merchant Services and Internet Banking.
· Contribute to Excellent customer service and effective branch operations by offering new ideas that improve on current methods.
· Interact with customers, co-workers, managers and supervisors, using effective listening and speaking skills.
· Identify and pursue sales opportunities through correspondence or telephone contacts to achieve branch goals.
· Accept instructions and follow directions promptly and thoroughly.
· Actively support and atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm.
· Complete Certifications, Reconciliations and Branch Tests as assigned.
· Participate in Service Plus Training as scheduled.
· Serve as a role model in accordance to our values and the Service-Plus program.
· Serve as a resource to new and existing New Accounts staff.
· Provide Administrative, clerical and credit support to the branch.
· Assist Supervisor/Manager with reports, certifications and reconciliations.
· Provide credit support to Manger or Loan Department.
· Provides consumer loans in accordance with banks policies and procedures.
· Set up and maintain loan files including the processing of credit transactions
· Responsible for accurate loan documentation.
· May interpret and train new and existing policies and procedures to branch staff.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years New Accounts II experience
- Service-Plus Certified
- New Accounts 201 Training
- Sales Training 301
- Solid understanding of the bank policies and procedures
- Demonstrates interest and ability in sales
- BVS Training Curriculum
- #203 Investment Alternatives for Financial Consumers
- #401 How to Say No
- #406 Clue Selling
- #604 Serving the Affluent
- #818 Protecting Seniors from Financial Abuse
- #842 After a Robbery: What Do You Do?
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Familiarity to 10-key calculator
- Type approximately 25 wpm
- Demonstrate good understanding of all retail products and services
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Sound reasoning and judgment
- Familiarity with on-line computer systems
- Above average courtesy and tact in dealing with community and peers
- Strong professional, interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge of Micro Soft Office
- Resourceful, good follow through
- Ability to perform independently, with minimal supervision
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
- General office environment
- May be necessary to work extended hours
- Periodic Travel required
- Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Click here to return to Career Center