Credit Analyst III
Department: Vancouver Commercial LPO
Reports to: Robbie Greenawald
FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area. A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
To conduct credit investigations and analyze routine to moderately complex credit information pertaining to loans; prepare, or assist in the preparation of credit reports for presentation to loan officers or committees; furnish information in relation to credit inquiries; provides assistance to loan officers as requested.
Credit Analyst III: is a highly skilled practitioner and is capable of independently analyzing the most complex financial and credit information providing competent experience in the application of their knowledge and thorough understanding associated with the business operation. The incumbent may spend time providing guidance or supervision for others to accomplish work routines as assigned, however, this is not a job requirement and they are typically assisting in a process that is a manager and/or supervisor’s accountability.
1. Develop credit information for use by lending officers, or committees in the making of lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans. The incumbent:
· Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information, including reporting services, credit bureaus, other companies, main office files and branches,
· Determines the need for more thorough investigation or additional information,
· Analyzes information statements and related material,
· Prepares summary, presents facts and occasionally offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness.
2. Maintain control over current accounts, noting payment progress, watching for any developing problems and keeping loan officers informed.
3. Provide credit information and references for customers, loan officers, or other agencies as requested. The incumbent:
· Ensures that all credit files are kept current with latest financial statements, agency reports, etc.,
· Ensures the contacts all available sources of information,
· Assembles all pertinent information and reports.
4. Provides training and/or supervision of less-experienced analysts.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
Education / Experience:
- 4 or more years credit analysis experience working within a banking environment is required;
- Working knowledge and experience analyzing complex financial and credit information;
- Thorough understanding of collateral requirements and documentation is required;
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding associated with credit investigations techniques;
- College degree or equivalent in Finance, General Business or Accounting - preferred.
- Service-Plus Certification
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Knowledge of credit investigations;
- Sort, arrange, gather and compile data; classify data using systematic procedure; interpret data; tabulate results; compile results using known formula; provide opinions based on examination of data; check and compare data; study a situation or problem to determine resolution; summarize data to provide findings; read and remain aware of pertinent information; merge multiple sets of data; identify alternative course of action; interpret meaning of information; identify impact within company; identify impact outside company; formulate conclusions; recommend course of action based on analysis.
- Use of bank standard word processing software and spreadsheet software with strong understanding of multiple math formulas.
- Filing; general office machines typing 40+ w.p.m. with use of word processing; knowledge of business format for typed documents; proofreading; spelling; punctuation; grammar; open, deliver and respond to mail; answer phones; set priorities.
- General communication (oral and written); clear voice communication; business telephone etiquette; distribute and exchange information with others; interaction with managers, employees, regulatory agencies, industry peers, customers, communicate/work with confidential information; compose draft written materials, correspondence/memoranda, reports, publications.
- Train others in specialized skills or specific procedures; supply direction; conduct one-on-one training.
- May advise others; recommend course of action; set priorities; set objectives or goals; set example for good performance; provide role model; redirect and prioritize work activity as necessary; support corporate philosophy and strategy; may supervise the completion of work and provide guidance to less experience co-workers; resolve problems; disseminate information; may schedule work activities; establish and monitor quality control standards; originate operating methods and documentation guidelines; make decisions and take actions within scope of authority; establish proper record keeping systems.
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
· General office environment
· May be necessary to work extended hours
· Able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Able to lift up to 20 lbs
Click here to return to Career Center