Department: Admin Loan
Reports to: Loan Servicing Supervisor
This is a temporary position starting June until the end of August
FLSA Status: Hourly
Grade: The grade of the position for each branch is determined by branch size and employee skills/experience. Contact the Human Resources Director
Statement of Hire:
At the Bank of the Pacific, we are committed to delivering memorable service beyond the customer’s expectation, to include both external and internal customers. We consistently demonstrate our values through teamwork, open communication, integrity, honesty and respect for others. Additionally, we will maintain a professional appearance through dress, conduct and an orderly work area. A successful candidate will possess these qualities and be enthusiastic, professional and of high ethics. They will embrace our Mission, Vision and Values and actively contribute to our success.
Provide support to the lending function by preparing and maintaining the requisite loan documentation necessary to ensure that The Bank’s position is perfected for all loans. Organize customer financial information; submit documentation to appropriate departments. Maintain control of negotiable collateral. Provide support and assistance to the Sales and Services area as needed.
1. LOAN FILE RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Organize documentation and financial information for all loan files.
· Prepare loan documents accurately and in conformance with provisions of the Collateral and Information Checklist.
· Obtain written approval for any waivers to loan file documentation requirements as directed by manager.
· Verify documents for accuracy.
· Notify appropriate lending officer when new/additional documents are required to ensure that The Bank’s position is protected.
· Utilize tickler system or other organizational tool to track due date for documentation.
· Maintain pending files on all incomplete loan documents and follow-up on a regular basis to assure timely completion.
· Apprise manager of documentation exceptions as directed. Maintain responses to exceptions.
2. COLLATERAL MAINTENANCE:
· Maintain and control negotiable collateral and safekeeping items per policy guidelines.
· Issue collateral receipts for all negotiable collateral received.
· Update stocks and bonds maintained for collateral purposes as required.
· Process negotiable items as required and per instructions from lending officers or the customer.
· Release collateral according to Bank policies and procedures as directed by manager.
· Obtain disbursement information and required signatures when collateral is released.
3. CUSTOMER SERVICE:
· Act as initial contact person for new and existing customers. Provide customer service in accordance with The Bank’s Customer Service Performance Standards.
· Identify self to customer. Interview all customers in a friendly and professional manner.
· Present accurate information on all available Bank of the Pacific accounts and services.
· Answer telephone promptly, following established Bank of the Pacific telephone courtesy standards.
· Project a positive and professional image through dress, conduct and an orderly work area.
· Maintain confidentiality of all customer records, accounts and transactions.
· Adhere to established Bank policies and operational compliance requirements when
conducting loan transactions.
5. SALES AND SERVICE:
· Accept and process loan wire transfers.
· Respond to and research customer inquiries in a timely manner, keeping customer informed of progress.
· Maintain up-dated and accurate information on all Bank products and services.
· Participate in on-going training to improve product knowledge and sales ability.
· Participate in internal promotions for specific products and services.
6. TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Process Consumer, Real Estate & Commercial payments and payoffs ensuring all funds are applied to appropriate accounts.
· Process payment reversals
· Process Accounts Receivable Accounts
· Process and follow department guidelines for payoff quotes.
· Calculates and prepares refund & overpayment checks
· Process documents and files to coordinate with Consumer, Real Estate & Commercial loan package completion.
· Set up Consumer, Real Estate & Commercial loan files in computer system
· Send appropriate documents to Title & Licensing Companies for recording.
7. PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT.
8. COMMUNICATIONS & INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS:
· Interact with customers, co-workers, managers using effective listening, and speaking
· Project a positive and professional image through dress and conduct.
· Maintain an orderly work area.
· Perform routine duties independently.
· Actively support an atmosphere of teamwork and enthusiasm. Maintaining open lines of communication.
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws, regulations and adherence to established internal controls and procedures when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and internal controls. All employees shall be responsible for communicating upward, problems in operations, noncompliance with the code of conduct, or other policy violations or illegal actions. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the Bank of the Pacific.
All employees will be committed to maintaining a high level of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, USA PATRIOT Act and Financial Recordkeeping regulations recognizing that all three acts are important tools in federal efforts to combat organized crime, terrorism and drug trafficking.
Education / Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Service-Plus Certification
- Working knowledge of loan documentation system and loan systems.
- Knowledge of Branch Banking products and services.
- 1 year banking experience to include credit related and customer service experience.
- 0-2 years loan documentation and credit experience.
- Resourceful, with good follow-through.
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities: (Identify these as job related)
o Type 25 wpm
o Familiarity with on-line computer systems.
o Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interactive and Social
o Above average courtesy and tact in dealing with community and peers.
o Strong professional, interpersonal and communications skills.
o Works well under immediate supervision
o Ability to communicate orally and written in a courteous and professional manner.
o Demonstrated interest and ability in sales.
o Good decision making based on sound reasoning.
Working Conditions / Environment / Potential Hazards:
· General office environment
· May be necessary to work extended hours
· Periodic Travel required
Physical Requirements: (Truly necessary to perform the job)
· Able to sit or stand for an extended period of time
· Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
· Able to work in cool temperatures
Click here to return to Career Center